Big Figure #7 Finished!

What a difference a week makes!  I am back to my normal self, and had a very productive week.

First, I finished quilting Big Figure #7, which had been in progress when I got sick.  I even finished the facing!  My New Years resolution is to do the finishing work right after I finish quilting.  Otherwise, I get ready to show a quilt and arrrrgghhhhh!  It needs the facing, sleeve and binding attached.  I'm going to try very hard to avoid those little crises.
Big Figure #8, 38" x 42", 2014

Detail 1 (complete with superfluous thread)

Detail 2
I also managed to do some "office" work.  I have updated my website and have sent in entries to several shows.  All in all, a good week!

I have discovered that it is much more fun doing the finishing work, which I find very tedious,  if you have something fun on the television.  I am fully immersed in the Olympics.  And thanks to my DVR, I can enjoy the non-headlining sports (like biathalon, ski jumping and cross country skiing) at my leisure.  Ahhh, technology!  It's grand!

I'm linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday, Richard and Tanya's Quilts Link a Finish Friday and Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.  Go see all the wonderful work there!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Comments

Shauna said…
awesome quilt, love the colors!!!
Vera said…
oh wow! looks fab with all that quilting.
Norma Schlager said…
Love the colors and the quilting! You certainly have had a productive week.
Claire said…
That quilt is a beautiful creation. The aquas and grays are such a nice calm contrast to the bright red.
LA Paylor said…
as usual your quilting stitch is mesmerizing. It lets the color and line shine.
Leeanna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com
Jaye said…
Beautiful!! Will you have it at studioQ next week? I am desperately hoping to be there!!!!